What once was deemed in my own mind to be an impossible occurrence has dramatically become possible … even remotely so.
I mention this only because what I once thought would never occur very well could happen in about 10 months, when we have our 2024 presidential election.
The idiot whom President Biden defeated in 2020 just might reverse that outcome when they count the ballots at the end of this year’s campaign.
All of this begs a question that has been tearing at my gut for the past little bit: How in the world is the president of the United States going to respond to the formalities associated with handing over the keys to the White House to the president-elect?
Joe Biden is steeped in tradition. He knows what he’s supposed to do, in that he knows to extend an invitation to the man that defeated him to meet in the White House. Again, though, how does the president do so when the invitee is an individual who:
- Never acknowledged losing the 2020 election.
- Savaged the current president during his entire term in office.
- Has vowed to run the country like a dictatorship if only for a day.
- Cozies up to the very dictator against whom this nation has been aiding Ukraine in its fight against Russian aggression.
- Has told Russia he would bless any effort for that rogue nation to do “whatever the hell they want” against any NATO nation that doesn’t pay its fair share of dues?
Joe Biden vowed to seek to save the “soul of this nation” when he declared his 2020 presidential candidacy. By my reckoning, he has largely succeeded in that mission. Now, though, he just might have to surrender to the nitwit who preceded him as our commander in chief and head of state.
So help me, it pains me to acknowledge what might occur when they count the ballots on Nov. 5. Just try for a moment to put yourself in Joe Biden’s shoes as he ponders what well could be stirring in his own mind.