OK — and if you’ll pardon me for saying this — let’s “tell it like it is.”
Donald John Trump has exhibited a clear pattern of racist views.
The president today said the United States needs to curb immigration from “s***hole countries” such as Haiti and those in Africa. He then said we need to encourage immigrants from, oh, Norway.
We are witnessing yet another demonstration that the president of the United States has racist thoughts. He has revealed yet again what lurks in what passes for this man’s heart.
It fits a pattern.
- He called white supremacists, Klansmen and Nazis “fine people” after the Charlottesville, Va., riot this past summer.
- Trump insisted for years that the nation’s first African-American president was born abroad and wasn’t legally entitled to campaign for, let alone, occupy the office to which he was elected twice.
- When he announced his campaign for president, Trump said Mexican immigrants were rapists, murderers and drug dealers.
- The five young black men who were acquitted of raping a white woman in Central Park many years ago should be executed for a crime they never committed, Trump said; he’s never apologized for that statement.
- The professional football players who kneeled prior to games to protest police conduct against black Americans are “sons of b******,” Trump said.
- Trump has said Haitians “all have AIDS,” and said Nigerians live “in huts.”
This is the man elected president of the United States? This individual is supposed to represent the very best of the greatest nation on Earth?
I am tired of dancing around the issue. It’s time to call this man what he is. He’s not just a pathological liar. He is a racist.
He’s also a disgrace.