Donald Trump’s list of disrespected opponents has grown by two.
They are the parents of a fallen U.S. Army officer who was killed in combat in Afghanistan. They spoke at the Democratic National Convention this week against the Republican presidential nominee.
Trump’s response was, well, typical Trump.
The father of the soldier told Trump that he’d never “sacrificed.” Trump responded with a ridiculous retort about how he has built all those structures. Then he ridiculed the mother of the soldier. Why? Because she didn’t speak.
Yes, the couple is Muslim, as was their heroic son.
Some comments out there have asked about the “Have you no decency?” quotient. Have we reached that point as it regards this individual.
* He has mocked a reporter with a severe physical disability.
* He has made tasteless comments about a female journalist who asked him tough questions during a televised debate.
* He has referred to a female celebrity as a “fat pig.”
* He has accused the Mexican government of “sending” criminals across the border into this country illegally.
* He has mocked the heroic military service of a U.S. senator who served more than five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam.
But in this year with all the “conventional rules” of decorum tossed into the crapper, Trump gets away with it.
Does the Republican nominee have any decency?
My own conclusion is a simple “no.”